- 1976 Migraines start and continue even now
- Patrick and I teaching here and overseas
- 2000 - Coming home
- 2000-2001 Jenan's pregnancy and birth
- 2003 Shane's pregnancy with a ton of problems and migraine city!
- Shane birth - December 5, 2003
- One hospital visit because of TIA's after his birth and before the stroke
- First Stroke on December 18, 2003
- A History of strokes in my family - my father's side
- January 17th to 19th - Hospital Stay
- Rehabilitation - Second Time
- February - Released from Rehab and ready to go back to teaching
- March - Cerebral Angiogram and Moya Moya diagnosis
- Mid March - first visit with Dr. Neil Martin, my surgeon. Connecting with other patients who are waiting - truly amazing stories
- April 29th - bypass performed on the left side
- April 30th - second stroke - some time between midnight and 5 am
- Rehabilitation - First Time
- January 17, 2004 Grand Mal Seizure in the bathroom
- April 30 to May 9th - ICU for 10 days - serious speech issues
- May 9th - Mother's Day out of ICU and a small TIA (my last one) affected my right hand
- May 11th - released from UCLA
- May 24th until July 29th - Rehab for the Third Time - so angry
- Early August - went on vacation to Oregon
- Late August - return to teaching Kindergarten
- September - Second surgery of the right side. Out of hospital in 5 days
- October to December 2004 - rested at home
- January 2005 - return to work part time
- February, 2005 to June, 2006 - teaching Kindergarten with daily headaches and/or migraines and missing a lot of work
- June through August 2006 - trip to New Zealand and Australia with serious problems sleeping
- September 2006 - started my Master's in Education and dropped out quickly.
- Mid-September - my mental crash and burn. No more teaching for me.
- October to January - trying to find the right medicines for my brain and body
- December 2006 - Dad has Alzheimer's and moved him to Palm Springs
- January 2007 to now - Acceptance of being disabled and now retired per CalSTRS
- March 2015 - Bell's Palsy scare
- January 2016 to now - Working as a Substitute teacher for Palm Springs Unified
Wednesday, June 22, 2016
My Moya Moya Events
I have writer's block today. Don't know why I just do. I decided the write of the events preceding Moya Moya diagnosis and afterwards, aftermath as I call it. These events will be blurbs not paragraphs. This shouldn't be that long - I promise. These events mostly likely become the chapters of my book so bear with me.
I think I have a book. An adult survivor and what happens after. Now I need to start writing it!