Monday, June 20, 2016

Cajun Pecans and The Savory Spice Shop


Cajun Pecans

From The Low-Carb Diabetes Solution Cookbook

8 servings of 1/4 cup serving size


2 Tablespoons of coconut oil 
1 Cups of halved pecans
1 Tablespoon of Creole seasoning

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. While it is heating, put the coconut oil in a roasting pan, and stick it in the oven for a few minutes to melt.

When the oil is melted, dump your pecans into the pan, and stir until they're all coated. Now spread evenly, and put them back in the oven. Give them 10 minutes.

Pull them out of the oven, stir the Creole seasoning, and let them cool. Store in an airtight container.


I made these pecans on Father's Day, and they are so good.  I didn't use the Creole seasoning. I used a different spice blend that I got from my friend Gene Ware.  He is works at my favorite spice shop called The Savory Spice Shop in Palm Desert. It is the only shop on El Paseo that I frequent. For you who don't know about El Paseo, it is on par with Rodeo Drive in Hollywood. Too rich for me!

I love their spices. First all you get the taste every one. You find one that interests you, and take the tester and put a little of it on your palm.  Using your clean finger you taste the spice from your hand, and you push it off on the floor when finished. How cool is that?  They are many varieties, and the staff is very knowledgeable. Jenan and I were tasting all of the varieties of cinnamon, and we  found one that we loved and others that tasted not the best.  What I love most is that I can choose how much of the spice I need from 1 ounce to pounds of a spice or blends. At Christmas time I bake my dad's Christmas Tree bread and it calls for cardamon. I don't use it during the year, just at Christmas time. I buy an ounce and I am good.  I am slowly switching all of my spices to The Savory Spice Shop's brand.  No more store brands for me!  Store brands taste very bland and Savory Spice is far from bland! Such an intense flavor. There is no going back!

The Savory Spice shops are in many states. Here is their website http://www.savoryspiceshop.com/. I highly recommend visiting them.

No comments:

Post a Comment