Sunday, June 12, 2016

Greek Salad

Happy Sunday!

I meant to post a recipe on Friday but the last couple of days got busy. I finally got a moment to post this recipe that we are making tonight.  My family loves Greek food - gyros, lamb, everything. Tonight sadly we are not having Greek food except the salad below. 

I am trying to include a salad every day. Sometimes it is just a simple salad with tomatoes and Parmesan cheese or just sliced tomatoes with salt and pepper.  Last week I made a yummy Caprese Salad that I will share the recipe later.  Occasionally I have a salad bar for the meal itself.  Shane is not a salad lover, but he likes part of it mostly the meat.  He does loves carrots, broccoli, cauliflower and asparagus tips, so we try to include one of those vegetables. 

Tonight we are having Gorgonzola burgers for the main course. At least that is what Patrick and I are having; the kids just BBQ burgers. A very easy Sunday meal.  This is it for today since I want to relax for the afternoon. Tomorrow is a start of a new week.  

If you want me to include anything special to this blog please comment below. It is a work in progress like everything around me. 





Greek Salad By Me

  • Salad Greens (I like Romaine)
  • Cucumbers - Peeled and Cut into Chunks
  • 1/2 of a Red Onion cut into half rings
  • Crumbled Feta Cheese
  • Kalamata Olives 
  • Italian Dress or Greek Dressing
Place Greens and everything into a bowl and toss.  I allow everyone to add the dressing on their plate.  If there are any leftovers I would want them the next day. 




No comments:

Post a Comment