Friday, June 17, 2016

Chicken Shish Kebab Recipe

On Wednesday Shane and I decided that we wanted Shish Kebab and broccoli for dinner.  In the morning I started marinating the chicken using the following recipe. It has been in my family since I was little. I love anything curry and I am happy that it is a main ingredient. Try it and will thank me later. On that night we didn't kebab it, we just grilled the thighs whole.  We made it with lamb for Easter and again Jenan's birthday in May.  I go to Jensen's market to buy it, and the butcher will cut it into chunks for the kebabs.  This is makes so much easier to marinate and assemble it later. It is so worth the extra money. One of the butcher cranks me up, because he called it "sexy lamb" just for me.  Funny! Enjoy!



Shish Kebab Recipe
by Paula Cameranesi
Adapted from Mom Pearce

2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts. Thighs are best.
·         Cut up into medium pieces so they don’ dry out when BBQ-ing.   Place the chicken in a Ziploc bag.

Marinade
½ cup of white wine (or substitute lemon juice) 
½ cup olive oil
4 Tablespoons chopped onion – small pieces
½ teaspoon cayenne
2 teaspoons coriander
2 teaspoons powdered ginger
2 cloves or more of garlic
4 teaspoon curry
3 teaspoon salt
Various Vegetables – cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, red onion, zucchini, bell peppers to name a few
·         Mix in a bowl.
·         Add the marinade to the meat and marinate for a least 2 hours. I marinate overnight for maximum flavor.
·         Skewer the meat with veggies.
·         BBQ over a grill or boil in the oven

My mom used lamb which is tasty too!

No comments:

Post a Comment