Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Italian Meatball Soup

Happy Tuesday!

I have challenged myself to write more.  My family wants me to write about having Moya Moya Syndrome and how I deal with it now and my experiences in the past. Patrick and I will have to work on that together. They are some things I don't remember that much, like my 10 days in UCLA's ICU. I recall watching the finale of Friends.  How random! That will be a work in process.  Also, I would like to record his feelings and concerns even Jenan's thoughts. Shane was an infant so he recalls nothing of that time period. That will be a different post or many postings. 

Well . . . I love cooking and trying out new recipes or ones that I have changed.  This soup recipe I improved on, because it sounded good but could be much better. The problem I had with it, it used too much plain water. Why have plain water when you can add broth or bouillon cubes to the water? And more veggies? These is a cooking tip after the recipe, so read until the end!

Here is my Italian Meatball Recipe. It is definitely a "Keeper". 



Slow-Cooker Italian Meatball Soup
By Paula Cameranesi
(Adapted from a Pillsbury Recipe)

1 bag (16 oz) frozen cooked Italian meatballs, slightly thawed
2-3/4 beef flavored broth. I used hot water with bouillon
½ cup of frozen spinach
1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano, undrained
1 can (19 oz) cannellini (white) beans, drained
1/3 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese

Directions:
·         Use 3 to 4 quart slow cooker.
·         Mix all ingredients except the cheese in the cooker.
·         Cover; cook on low heat setting 8 to 10 hours

·         Garnish individual servings with cheese.



**I always have bouillon cubes or granules in my cupboard.  It is much cheaper than having broth cans or containers. For one cup of broth, you used 1 cup of hot water with one cube or 1 teaspoon of granules  Voila!  You have broth. Easy, peasy! Lemon, queasy!As my tutoring kids say**

Talk to you soon

No comments:

Post a Comment