Friday, July 1, 2016

Fourth of July Plans

Sorry about not posting yesterday. I am super busy and then got stressed out. Being stressed out is no good for me!

What are your 4th of July plans?  We are staying inside out of the heat. It is only going to be 106. That is much better than 122 last week.  That is hot enough for me! We will go to the movie to see Tarzan or Independence Day. We can’t decide, anything to stay inside. 

On Monday we are cooking a lot. For appetizers we are baking Potato Skins and Stuffed Mushrooms.  We grilling rib-eye steaks; making a Tortellini, Broccoli and Bacon Salad; a green salad, and baking a Marbled Cappuccino Fudge Cheesecake.    We were going to bake the cheesecake on Father’s Day but time got away for me.

To marinate the steaks we use different marinades. Sometimes I use Yoshinada marinade from the store. I buy mine at Costco because my family loves it. Yoshinada is very versatile; it can marinade almost all meats and poultry.  I also use this marinade that I found on Pinterest.  It is yummy too.


Classic Steak Marinade

  • ½ cup of soy sauce
  • 1/3 cup of olive oil
  • ¼ cup of Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 Tablespoons of brown sugar
  • 4 garlic cloves – minced
  • 2 Teaspoons of balsamic vinegar
  • Black pepper


Let it marinade for 2 hours or overnight. 
Grill.



Enjoy!

1 comment: