Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Rustic Sign I Painted



Two Sundays ago I was invited to a paint party by a friend of mine.  We were allowed to look at many designs and decide on one or more.  I chose this one to be in my foyer.  I make a ton of paper decor  but I wanted something different.

You are probably asking how did I make it? Inquiring minds want to know!!  I will tell you, because it was very easy to assemble.  The price including everything - the stencil, the board, the sander if you want that and the paint.

First I received a pale board with the borders. I didn't want to the edges to be blonde and I wanted the inside to be black.  I liked the idea that the sign would be like the chalkboard sign.

I stained the edges with walnut, and after it dried painted the inside black. The blue tape helped me not paint the stained part black.  Here is a picture of it drying.


After it dried the person who is the consultant had previously made a stencil with the words, decorations, our last name, and the year we got married.  We applied the stencil over the dried black paint. It was a little warm outside so I had to finish my project inside because the stencil was not adhering the black paint.  The next step was to paint over the stencil with white paint and waited for it to dry.  There was a lot of waiting for the paint to dry.  Here is a picture of the white paint over the stencil.

When it was finally dry we pulled up the stencil, and Viola!  The words about my family.  I loved this project.  Painting is definitely different than paper crafting!  I will have a party late summer so we can decorate  for the fall season.

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment