Sunday, July 24, 2016

Vacation


First of all last week we went on vacation to Flagstaff, Arizona so I didn’t write at all. My daughter Jenan is in the Palm Springs Spirit of the Sands band and loves it.  She can’t play an instrument to save her life, just like her parents. She is a part of the Visual Corp or a “Tall Flag” girl.  Last week she and a fellow Visual Corp girl went to camp for four days.  They worked very hard and learned new techniques and spins.  At the end we saw a performance and the girls won an award for Most Improved. I am so proud of them. 
I was designated as their driver so I bought my husband Patrick and my son Shane with me.  We were able to explore Flagstaff and the surrounding areas.  We went to the Grand Canyon, Sedona, Meteor Crater, and Winslow.  Winslow was sort of sad, because the recession hit it hard.  If you are an Eagles fan, you know why we were there. “Take It Easy” was singing in the background. 
We were pleasantly surprised about Arizona mainly the northern part of the state.  It was beautiful with the pine trees and cool weather. While we were there it was mainly in the low 80’s during the day, and in the 50’s at night.  We got lucky because it rained accompanied by thunder and lightning every day.  Living in Palm Springs we haven’t seen rain since January, plus cooler weather won’t come back until late October or early November.  We loved it!  The further south we drove it became a desert again just like home. Icky!

I will share my pictures and insights on our trip over the next couple of blog posts.  I was able to take some amazing pictures.  We are back at home in the 116̊ heat, and hating it.  I will resume writing and making cards and scrapbooking in the a/c with a fan blowing on me. Bliss!  Talk to you tomorrow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment